Maryland may not be the musical mother load as say Nashville, New York or LA, but if you know where to look and what you’re looking at there’s plenty of quality music to be consumed in and around McDaniel.
CONCERTS AND EVENTS TO CHECK OUT IN AND AROUND MARYLAND:
1. September 4, 2010: Pat Benetar at Pier Six Pavilion in Baltimore, MD
2. September 5, 2010: Allstar Weekend at the Maryland State Fair.
3. September 10, 2010: Lady Antebelleum at the York Fair in York, Pennsylvania. For more info visit: http://ladyantebellum.com/tourdates/2010-09-10/york-pa
4. September 11, 2010: Selena Gomez and the Scene at the York Fair in York, Pennsylvania. For more info visit: http://selenagomez.com/event/show/york-fair
5. September 18, 2010: HFStival 2010 at Meriwether Post Pavilion. This year’s lineup includes Third Eye Blind, Billy Idol, and Everclear among other bands. Visit: http://www.merriweathermusic.com/schedule/ to buy tickets and for more info.
6. The Maryland Renaissance Fair: It begins August 28th and runs every weekend through October 24th. For more info visit: http://www.rennfest.com/
LOCAL-ISH BANDS TO CHECK OUT:
1. Victory By Revenge — www.myspace.com/victorybyrevenge
2. Hot Spur — www.myspace.com/hotspur
3. All Time Low — www.myspace.com/alltimelow
4. The Dangerous Summer — http://www.myspace.com/dangeroussummer
5. Oh The Story — www.myspace.com/ohthestory
To stay up to date on concert happenings during the school year make sure to check out http://mcdanielfreepress.com/lauren/.